• Creator
    Topic
    utcguy

I am trying to control the total amounts of clicks (using autoShowCounter), so that when a user clicks on a link (toggle), a popup will show. I what the popup to open only 3 times. Afterward, they would need to reload the page (or delete cache).

Currently, the countdown works without toggle just like your demo example #02.
    However, when I change the code to open from a button, the “autoShowCounter” limit does not seem to work.

Any idea of what I can do to get the two to work. Meaning, coding a popup to work using the “Toggle” and “autoShowCounter” ?

Thank you in advance,
    utcguy

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    MillaN
    Keymaster

Hi,

For this parameter to work, autoShowLimit must be set to true. After that, it doesn’t matter how the popup is opened, it will count any time open() method is called. Also, plugin doesn’t have built in Toggle feature.

Milan

utcguy

It code does have AutoShowLimit set to true Disregard my mentioning of “toggle” in the code. I meant I have the click function in the code.
    Either way, the code is not opening the way I’d like. With the “AutoShowCounter set to 1, it still opens no matter how many times I click the link.

Please see screenshot.

MillaN
    Keymaster

I will test this, and let you know.

MillaN
    Keymaster

Sorry about the confusion. autoShowLimit is named like that for a reason, it only is used to count when popup is automatically opened (on load for instance), and not when you call open() function. I have added a new feature request to limit opening on normal open() call, and it will be considered for next update.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘autoShowCounter not working with toggle script’ is closed to new replies.