• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi

I have an issue when running the contact slider in mobile safari on an ipad.

It appears that when the slider is activated in wordpress, it appears at the right hand of my website, which is correct. But it seems to cause the z-index of all the previous divs in the page to become zero (or auto in some cases). I have also confirmed this to be the case when viewing your demo.

This causes some issues for me, for example my menu dropdowns appear behind content displayed below the menu.

For now I’ve had to deactivate the contact slider for mobile platforms which is quite annoying and disappointing.

Can you suggest a workaround or fix? My site is http://www.dayshaconsulting.com and the slider is disabled here for mobile. But you can see the problem on dev.dayshaconsulting.com, if you click on one of the menus.

Thanks
    Chris

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    MillaN
    Keymaster

Hi,

Plugin can’t and doesn’t affect z-Index of any other element. It only sets high z-index for its own two divs and that’s all. I have tried it on small screen Android phone, and it is all OK, but there menu is not menu but dropdown. I will try iPad a bit later (with iOS 6), but I tested with iPad before and I couldn’t find problems. Maybe in your case something else is messing things. Anyway, I will know more when I test later.

Milan

MillaN
    Keymaster

I have tested this on iPad and that is happening when plugin is active, but I have no idea why, and why only on mobile devices. I will experiment further to see what could be causing it.

Milan

MillaN
    Keymaster

Ok, I did more tests, and it looks that the problem is caused by additional library NiceScroll.js. Try disabling it from plugin Settings -> External Libraries and uncheck one for NiceScroll replacement. Test it on iPad again, and let me know if all is working.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Z-Index problem in mobile safari’ is closed to new replies.