• Creator
    Topic
    Gabriel Thy

Hi Milan,

I’ve got a strange event. My slider works as advertised, with one exception. Even though it has sent mail properly, I and my clients get the Sorry, but your message could not be sent. Try again later message every time. I have tinkered with a few toggles, but nothing changes…

Any clues?

http://www.loudouniwla.org/

Thanks again for a great plug-in,

Gabriel

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    MillaN
    Keymaster

Hi,

You had this same problem a while back, and I already gave you the solution:

http://forum.smartplugins.info/forums/topic/scs/#post-1267

You are using some cache plugin that due to the cache timeout period is invalidating NONCE protection. 3.9.1 version will be released in the next 4-5 days with the option to disable this from settings.

Regards,
    Milan

Gabriel Thy

Sorry Milan. I didn’t realize back then that the mail was actually being sent (like it is now) when the “failed routine message” showed. I’d hate to lose the NONCE protection, however I’d like to point out that since there have been no updates to the software since you instructed me to remove a fragment, the offending code has not been re-introduced to the plugin. I checked. So, I’m still confused as to what is causing this.

Getting a false negative is troublesome to clients to say the least.

Gabriel

MillaN
    Keymaster

For nonce to work, cache can’t be used. There is no way around it. Nonce, once generate lasts 12 hours and it depends on IP. So cached page will have nonce generated for IP of the request that created cached page, and it will fail for any other IP even if in the 12 hour window. So, cache or nonce, there is no way to use both.

There are few reasons why sending can fail:

1. Failed nonce.
    2. Failed antispam honeypot/referrer.
    3. wp_mail fails to send email.
    4. Some error that stops script execution.

But, I tested and in your case it is all working. I tried to send the message through form monitoring the AJAX response, and it return success. But errors in Postmark plugin you have break the JSON response so my plugin gets broken sending report. Error you have is this:

<b>Warning</b>:  strpos() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in <b>/home/loudouni/public_html/host/wp-content/plugins/postmark-approved-wordpress-plugin/postmark.php</b> on line <b>219</b>

It is repeated several times. Fix that, and my plugin will get proper response and it will work fine.

Milan

Gabriel Thy

Thanks for the troubleshooting. I’ve seen those Postmark errors for a couple of weeks now, and haven’t been able to track the solution down yet, but with your diagnosis of the problem, I feel confident now enough to continue. Like you said, everything is working on the user end but these error messages need be fixed, and thanks for the education on the cache v. nonce operations.

Will let you know when all is fixed.

GT

MillaN
    Keymaster

I have seen reports on this website and on Dev4Press too that many people are having issues with Postmark for WordPress, and from your error, it looks like a bad codding practices in that plugin.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Slider working, but fails to send mail…’ is closed to new replies.