• Creator
    Topic
    kreasu

Hi, We have an issue where the page will load the tab, and then the tab will slide out of view. I think it’s getting the wrong length or something because from what I see, it setting the tab to be margin-right -395px.It starts out at some value and then proceeds to subtract itself out.

I’ve attached a gif of the page loading, showing the tab, and then proceeding to move itself out of the viewing area.

Here’s our staging site:

http://deviatelabs.staging.wpengine.com/

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    MillaN
    Keymaster

Hi,

You have so many jQuery scripts loading and running on your page, there is no way to determine what is going on there. Something is causing the slider to move, and considering you have sliders, parallax and other movable elements, some scripts load and not used at all, it can be anything. This similar thing happened few times before, and it was always related to badly written theme jQuery that was targeting wrong (all) elements on the page) causing issues with multiple other jQuery plugins.

Also, in your case, your website is extremely slow (not server but front end code), and Firefox can’t even load it fully most of the times, it gets stuck showing only loading animation.

Best way to determine what is causing this is to disable all plugins first (leave Contact plugin on) and if this still happens, problem is with the theme (I strongly suspect that something in theme is doing this).

Milan

kreasu

While testing we weren’t loading external scripts through a CDN. I’ve resolved the slow site loading.

The solution to this was to remove all instances of Jquery in header and footer plugin and switch the Smoothscroll snippet to a wordpress plugin called easy smooth scroll links

MillaN
    Keymaster

Excellent, I am glad you found out what the problem was.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Contact Tab Appears, and then Disappears after load.’ is closed to new replies.